Saturday, June 6, 2015

2015 Downhill at Dawn Half-Marathon

June 6, 2015 6:01 AM
Old Fort, North Carolina




Time Pace Division Division
Place
Gender
Place
Overall
Place
Bib #
Owen 1:28:54 6:57 M40-44 1/20 11/135 12/439 249

Written by Owen:

This was a really fun race.  I registered late for this race, which meant the Ridgecrest Conference Center rooms were all booked already.  So I got a room at a nearby Super 8.

Michael and I went on this trip with our good friends, the Griffiths.  They had a room at the conference center.

I had a booth at the expo for Taz Running, making pace tattoos for the runners.  It went really well and the runners liked it.

My goal for the race was to PR and to practice running fast downhill in preparation for the Revel Rockies Marathon in a little over a month.  My previous half-marathon PR was 1:32:28, which I set at another nearby downhill half marathon, The Scream.

I really enjoyed this race.  It starts out on roads and is up and down for the first four miles.  Then it moves to packed dirt and winds down a canyon, drastically downhill.

I beat my PR by over three minutes and took first in my age group (only because Chris's friend Pete won a masters award so he was removed from my age division).





My garmin data:

No comments:

Post a Comment