Monday, September 5, 2011

Malissa's Long Run Dilemma

Written by Malissa


Saturday morning was my first long run since the half marathon. I had seven miles to run and planned to run it at a twelve minute pace. I've been running an eleven minute pace during my short runs so I thought for sure I would be able to run a twelve minute pace on Saturday.

Well, it didn't go as planned. No matter what I tried I couldn't get my legs to go faster than my usual fourteen minute pace but then on my last mile I pushed out a 12:04. 

I think I know what my problem is. I can push myself on the short distances because I know it will only last a little while but struggle with the longer distances. I think I need to find a running partner for my long runs. Someone that will help push me through to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment