Saturday, August 27, 2011

Malissa's Next Training Chapter

Written by Malissa

It's been a week since I ran the Park City Half-Marathon and my feet are finally healed. I made the mistake of wearing the wrong shoes to an amusement park the day after the race and boy did my feet pay the price. This was one of those rare times that Owen was able to say, "I told you so."

For the past few weeks I have been contemplating what training I would do after I finished my half marathon. I have eight months until the Big Sur Marathon and want to use the majority of that time getting my pace time down. My biggest fear right now is being picked up by the "pokey wagon".  I have decided to follow Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Training Guide again but this time I will follow his advanced training guide.

I'm looking forward to lacing up my running shoes in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment