Thursday, October 20, 2011

"On Cosby" Moonshine 5k

October 15, 2011 9:00 AM
Cosby, TN
Time Pace Division Division
Place
Gender
Place
Overall
Place
Bib #
Owen 34:05 10:48 M35-39 3/? ?/? ?/? 119
Malissa 34:04 10:48 F25-29 2/? ?/? ?/? 117

Written by Owen

We decided to run this race just a few days before the race.  The kids were staying at Opa and Neina's (Grandpa & Grandma) house for the weekend. Malissa and I were deciding what we were going to do with our rare weekend alone.

We decided a nice trip to the Smoky Mountains was in order.  We like to revolve our trips around a race so I found this race in Cosby, Tennessee.  Since we were doing it for fun, I told Malissa I would pace her.  She shattered her PR by several minutes.

After the race, I wanted to run back to the Bed & Breakfast we were staying at as part of my marathon training.  Malissa stayed back for the awards and I actually beat her back (about 7 miles straight up the highway).

We thought the awards were pretty cool.
The winning time was in the 21 minute range.  I was bummed Michael wasn't there.  I honestly believe he would have won the entire race.


For our blog entry about the rest of the weekend (non-running stuff), click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment