Sunday, February 5, 2017

Revel Mt. Charleston Training Week 6 Results

Written by Owen:

Week six of my 18 week Marathon training plan ended yesterday.  It was my first perfect week (did every prescribed workout fully, no excuses) of this training cycle.  For whatever reason, while training for my last four marathons, I have not done a very good job at sticking to the plan, so I have really suffered during the actual marathon.

At the start of this cycle, I vowed to stick to it. After week 5, I realized I was falling back into the trap of making excuses to skip that workout.

I am going to post my workout results at the end of each week, not to boast, but to hold myself accountable.  If I know I have to post them, I WILL stick to it, and this marathon will be more enjoyable.  I am in nowhere near the physical shape I used to be, so I won't set any records, but I will enjoy the marathon, which is why I do this in the first place.


No comments:

Post a Comment