Sunday, October 25, 2015

2015 Marine Corps Marathon

October 25, 2015 7:55 AM
Arlington, Virginia

Time Pace Division Division
Place
Gender
Place
Overall
Place
Bib #
Owen 4:57:16 11:20 M40-44 1,384/2,146 7,928/12,771 12,654/23,185 23169

Written by Owen:

Malissa had to work on Thursday and Friday, so the kids and I drove up to my mom's house on Thursday, then Malissa caught an Amtrak train at 2:00 in the morning on Saturday.

Goosebumps in 3D!
We got up somewhat early to go pick up Malissa at the Amtrak station.  We then went to a really fun corn maze.










Answering trivia for our next clue on which direction to go.
 Sunday morning we got up really early to go to the marathon.  We rode the metro, everyone was really sleepy.





I had heard such great things about the Marine Corps Marathon, that I couldn't wait to experience it.  It was a complete DISASTER.  The security lines to get to the marathon (for runners and spectators) was HOURS long.  We got there over two hours before the race started, and I was late to the start.  It had already started by the time I got there.  So I spent two hours in line, followed by rushing to the start and just kept going for 26.2 miles.  Not the way I wanted to prepare myself for the race.  I can't understate how bad it was, NOT IMPRESSED!

The line to get past security about a mile from the start

Before the race I had some friendly photobombers.


My support crew

















This race was very painful, I was grossly undertrained, and my pelvic issue throbbed the entire race.  Add to that the bad weather and the terrible race organization, and this is definitely my least favorite marathon out of all of them.

Garmin Data:

No comments:

Post a Comment