Friday, May 9, 2014

2014 Right Moves for Youth Twilight 5k

May 9, 2014 7:30 PM
Charlotte, NC



Time Pace Division Division
Place
Gender
Place
Overall
Place
Bib #
Michael 19:51 6:23 M1-14 2/57 22/478 25/961 1011

Written by Michael:

I started the race at the very front. When I started I felt pretty good, so I went a little faster. Looking back on the race I wish I didn't go out that fast.

After the fist half-mile I saw two kids about my age, one probably a little older. Once they passed me I looked at my watch and it said 6:30, I needed to go 6:20 to beat my PR (personal record). I sped up and at the end of mile one my watch beeped. I ran my first mile in 6:16.

The second mile was a little harder because I started out a little too fast. But I tried to keep my pace at 6:20. I also passed a kid that looked a little younger than me, I didn't see him again until after the finish. The other kid still wasn't in sight. I finished the second mile in 6:23.

The third mile was definitely the hardest for me. But I pushed myself as hard as I could. It also seemed to be the longest mile. I could see the finish line but it seemed to take forever to get there. The last half mile of the race I saw someone way ahead of me that looked either 17 or 18 but I wasn't sure. He finished about 10 seconds before I did. It turns out he is running the GPX series just like I am. He is in 2nd and I'm in 1st. But if he beats me again than I would most likely go down to 2nd. So in the next race I need to beat him to stay in 1st. My last mile of the race was 6:26 I finished the race in 19:51, 8 seconds away from my PR.

Here is video, and then pictures from the event:







1 comment:

  1. congrats, Michael!! Keep it up...you will stay in first, i'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete