Thursday, September 19, 2013

2013 Tri the Creek Kids Triathlon

September 15, 2013 2:45 PM
Charlotte, NC



Time Place Division 75 Meter
Swim
1 Mile Bike &
2/3 Mile Run
Bib #
Michael 11:33 1/7 M11-12 2:08
4/7
9:25
1/7
67
Kyle 16:24 12/15 M9-10 3:01
14/15
13:23
11/15
66
Alicia 14:09 5/26 F9-10 2:12
14/26
11:58
3/26
65

Written by Alicia:
The triathlon was really fun. I was probably best at the run but I enjoyed the bike the most. The swim was definitely my weakest. I enjoyed the swimming but we scarcely go into the pool. It was really fun and I hope to do it again next year.


 
 
 

 



Written by Kyle:
The triathlon was pretty fun, and I was definitely ready for the biking part because I bike a lot during the week. The part that was real hard was the swimming because our pool is closed now. I took 11th in my division, but I still tried my hardest.
 


 

 
 

 
Written by Michael:
The swim was really hard; I went to fast on the first lap. Then I just ran out of gas, my goggles filled up with water. The transition was time consuming; it took a while to get my shirt on. The bike was hard on the up-hills, but really easy on the down-hills. Once the bike ended, I didn't know what to do at the transition, the people were already dealing with someone else. So I threw my bike on the ground and ran. I was pretty far behind on the run. I caught up to first though. The kid in first kept getting in front of me; he wouldn't let me pass him. It was annoying. I got ahead of him, but then he took a shortcut around the corner coming into the parking lot, we turned right, and then turned left. When we turned left I got off the road for a split second, just so I could pass him because he was in my way. I technically won but, we both kind of cheated a couple times throughout the race.

 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment